Candidates for the hygiene position must be willing to working cohesively with the doctor as well as the entire dental team. Candidates should have good eyesight and manual dexterity.
Registered dental hygienists are assigned duties that involve providing appropriate standard care; assisting the dentist in providing hygiene, dental or periodontal care; and conducting overall oral health education to patients.
- Must be a registered dental hygienist
- Evaluate oral health; examine oral cavities for signs of periodontal disease and other conditions
- Effectively document chief complaint; observe patient’s records and reactions and then follow up with procedure and results
- Follow through with correct oral hygiene procedure in accordance with the treatment plan. Treatment may include prophylaxis, periodontal scaling, root planing, debridement, application of fluoride treatments and application of protective sealants
- Can complete a thorough full-mouth SRP in 60 minutes
- Comfortable with assisting with restorative diagnosis as a peer of the doctor
- Comfortable with balancing two columns of patients with speed, accuracy and empathy